Pages

Counter

Friday, July 2, 2010

The week in review...June 25 thru July 2, 2010


This week saw a few cool new things. Most notably was just this morning, when he reached up to his animals for the very first time. He reached and tapped them several times, all while cooing. He then stared at them for a while, before losing interest. Seeing that he's now interested in grabbing for things, I bought him a few baby toys, including his first V-Tech laptop! Okay it's a piece of plastic with lights that looks like a laptop.

When we took him to the pediatrician she said he's 23 inches long and weighs 9 lbs 4 oz. This week he retired his first size New Born onesie:


There's still a few size NB onesies that he fits into but this is the first to go. He's a tad small for his 0-3 but is fitting in them much better. This week we took him to the arboretum for a second time, only this time he was in the sling so he got to see a few things. The weather was not too terrible that day. The hydrangeas were gorgeous!


The breastfeeding has gone pretty much the same. We're supplementing with a Similac Isomil sensitive but his colic still remains. I'm now trying 'baby massage' to see if that helps some. As for the pain I'm suffering, we heard from a lactation consultant that his frenulum may be too short. Our pediatrician wasn't too sure so she's sending us to a ENT next week for further consultation.

It also appears that he's beginning to start teething. We think a little molar is coming up, which is very odd, but even the Dr said that's what it looks like is happening. The little bouts of drooling, EWW, have begun....ugh, not my favorite phase. He's a tad early on this, but of course, teething can occur at any time really.

Today we worked with finger paints for the first time! I put his foot prints on some thank you cards I have to make out. Can you believe we're STILL receiving presents from people? He has everything any baby could possibly need at this point. We're so lucky and thankful to have such generous friends and family in our lives. He adores his new wubbanub frog paci from Mom, he's using it right now as I sit to write this!



Look at my wacky son making funny and adorable faces beneath is over-sized hat....little dude is such a ham at times!



And lastly this week William finally met Marlene and her daughter Makenna, who changed her first diaper ever! She did a great job. She even undressed and dressed him too! That's more than I did at five...hell I was 36 first time I did any of that! :-)

Marlene is my most 'kiddy' friend, I know she never thought she'd live to see the day I had a kid. Well, it has been a long time coming.



Today I took some pictures of little man out in the sun...since little ones can't use sunscreen we have to be careful. I snapped those pictures in about a minute flat. Can you believe it was 54 degrees outside? In JULY?! Wow!

I wonder what next week will bring...


No comments:

Post a Comment