Pages

Counter

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tales, from the titty...

I met with a lactation consultant yesterday. She lent me a super-ubber-mega-mondo-pump, I do believe that is its given name. It's about 35+ years old and weighs about 40 lbs...amazingly, it's the best pump I've ever used. My supply dipped last week so I'm 'power pumping' today with super-ubber-mega-mondo-pump and it's going very well thus far.

It appears William has a 'high' palate and a lazy tongue. His suck...sucks. LOL...pun intended. He sees the Ear Nose and Throat DR next week and I need him to perform a 'suck test' on William, so we're not out of the woods yet.

However I'm pleased to report my blisters have healed and there's minimal to no pain now while feeding him, which is wonderful! We're still struggling with side feeding in bed. Some nights are okay, some nights, ouch...not so much. But it's all going well, little one managed to gain 1 lb in a week last week! He's finally out of size "new born" clothes :-( and is wearing his 0-3 month outfits.

I read an interesting local article the other day (http://www.wlwt.com/news/24301209/detail.html) I must say it's amazing in this day and age that people are still afraid and offended by breastfeeding mothers. As a friend of mine said today, 'we ARE mammals' after all. Not only should women feel free to breastfeed in public, but they shouldn't feel compelled to 'have to' cover up or hide in a bathroom or even move to a less busy area. I see women in 'hooter hiders' all over town, and there's nothing wrong with it. I've seen women without them, feeding their child, and I still see nothing wrong with it.

With every passing week I hope my 'tales from the titty' get better. We'll see what the Dr said next week about 'the suck'. Until then, I have super-ubber-mega-mondo-pump to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment