Pages

Counter

Friday, April 17, 2009

What's for dinner 04/17/09? Coq au vin







Pretty much a Sunny Anderson recipe though I changed it up a bit...I don't do cayenne pepper. Turns out I've been making this for years and called it something else. Simply marinate a whole, cut, skinless, bone-in chicken w/one bottle of red wine and one bulb of garlic for 24 hours. Dry off the chicken, brown the parts in a dutch oven or deep pot, remove chicken and saute onions, celery, carrot and tomato paste. Add 3 tbsp flour and slowly add the wine-marinade back into the pot.

Put chicken back in, simmer covered for one hour. In a pan, cook up 4 slices thick cut, low-sodium bacon, add pearl onions and mushrooms. Remove chicken from pot, strain the sauce, put sauce back in pot, add chicken back in, add bacon, onion and mushroom into pot. Simmer for 5 minutes, serve with huge chunks of bread to dip into the thick-luscious sauce! Enjoy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/coq-au-vin-recipe/index.html

2 comments:

  1. I know that I'm biased, however this is one of the best chicken dishes I've ever had! Please try this recipe, you will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, Coq-au-Vin sure looks nasty in its raw form ;-)

    That said, I'm sure the final product was sumptuous.

    ReplyDelete