Pages

Counter

Monday, April 13, 2009

What's for dinner 04/13/09?





Roasted chicken. Up-the-butt chicken as I call it since I ram all sorts of stuff up the cavity to offer more flavor. Today? Lemon, Lime, Garlic, White Onion, Salt and Pepper. I make a spice-rub of Kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and rub it beneath the skin on the breasts and on the skin. Then I brush on plain low-fat yogurt all over the bird so the skin gets golden and crispy.

350, 6 lb bird for1 hour and 40 minutes uncovered. To the bottom of the dutch-oven I put 1/2 cup white wine, 1/2 cup chicken broth, slices of onion and garlic. After the bird rests for 30 minutes we slice and serve the pan juices with fresh bread chunks. That's all. After, we freeze the bones for stock down the road. (Need about four chicken carcasses to make a good pot of stock.)

*The yogurt topping idea is from Ask Aida*

No comments:

Post a Comment