Pages

Counter

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Very vanilla vegan cupcakes



These are so delicious but they are not really my recipe, but I'll go ahead and post here to share. The recipe I found online uses SOY milk, I DO NOT! So I guess maybe since I changed it, it's kind of my recipe now ;-)

I do not do the vegan frosting but of course you can make it vegan. Don't think just because they are vegan that they taste disgusting. These are some of the best cupcakes you'll ever have. I often just tell people they are 'vanilla' cupcakes and after they tell me how wonderful they are then I drop the bomb on them that they are vegan and they are shocked. Most people are VERY small minded and simply refuse to eat anything vegan for no good reason, and I don't know why. Just because there's no eggs or butter doesn't mean it tastes bad.

In the past I've made these and brought them to parties and people have flat out refused to even try them for the simple fact that they don't contain eggs and butter, I just don't understand that mentality which is why I don't tell people they are vegan now until after they try them. Trust me, they are loaded with plenty of sugar so don't fear ;-) Even though I make 'real' cream cheese frosting people are still afraid. Well I am here to tell the world you CAN EAT VEGAN food and enjoy it! You can even eat the vegan frosting and still enjoy it, I just prefer the real cream cheese. I had to start making these because my son is lactose intolerant so we had no choice. But he's not a huge fan of frosting so he eats the un-frosted ones.

Very Vanilla Vegan Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar (I use pure cane)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt

1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbs Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Almond Milk
1/2 cup of oil (Coconut, Veg or Canola)

Preheat oven to 350, Mix all of the dry ingredients together and then in a separate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients together. Add the wet to the dry (Don't use a mixer! Just use a wooden spoon and don't over stir! It's okay if there's a few lumps. If you over stir these cupcakes will be tough.)

I use a ice cream scoop to add the batter to the cupcake liners. This will make about 24 cupcakes. Bake for 12-14 minutes.

Cream Cheese frosting
1 stick room temperature Butter
1 brick room temperature Cream Cheese
1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1-2 cups Powdered Sugar (Depends how sweet you like it) I use about 1-1 1/4 cup

Add 1 stick of butter to your standing mixer on low at first, and then raise the speed to medium. Add the vanilla and beat for about 1 minute. Then add the cream cheese. Continue to beat for about 1 more minute. Stop the mixer and add about 1/2 a cup of the powdered sugar. Start the mixer on low until the sugar is incorporated and then back to medium, wait about 30 seconds and stop. Add more sugar and repeat. Keep adding until it reaches the sweetness level you like. Scrape down the sides so all the butter, cream cheese, and sugar is evenly mixed.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds scrumptious to me! :) I think I'll try them with coconut palm sugar in the batter. ;)

    ReplyDelete