Pages

Counter

Friday, September 19, 2014

The week of 9/19/2014's menu...

I don't make this as often as I used to, but I'm craving it so I'm making it tonight! I still have yet to perfect a fried chicken, and since I only make it but once or twice a year now, I'm wondering if I ever will ;-) I guess there's always hope. Now that I'm trying a still modified but somewhat stricter form of the Paleo diet for myself, I noticed on the cheat-day, like a friend mentioned to me, I do feel sick when I eat garbage food.

Garbage being my own vegan cupcakes (The cupcakes, NOT the frosting) ;-) which contain no actual garbage other than cane sugar and cream cheese, but I guess that's technically garbage. So instead I'm trying to just eat fruit when I crave something sweet but to be honest I'm not sure how long that'll hold up, LOL. My homemade banana bread has yet to make me feel icky but that could be because I've been eating a small sliver of that almost daily for two years, it's dairy free, and the entire loaf only contains a cup of sugar, plus the bananas of course...maybe my system is just used to that banana bread is all...Well here's the menu for the week....enjoy!

Friday: Mostly oven baked fried chicken with fried okra











Saturday: Meatballs and spinach & arugula salad (These are my own recipe, I've not blogged it yet, perhaps I will later in the week. I use half ground beef and half ground lamb, and the typical seasonings that you'd find in a meatballs, some grated cheese and of course, some breadcrumb)

Sunday: Cheat-day, the hubby's homemade pizza with Applegate salami

Monday: Braised chicken w/artichokes and pearl onions and a spinach & arugula salad










Tuesday: Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken over Jasmine rice











Wednesday: Another cheat! Lamb & Pecorino Pasta (I omit the red pepper & I use Capatvi pasta. Since I'm trying to go as low carb as possible, I'll load up more on lamb and cheese for my plate and give the husband and child a bit more pasta)


No comments:

Post a Comment