Pages

Counter

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Tonight's Dinner, chicken, avocado, bacon & blue cheese chopped salad.

Tonight's dinner turned out GREAT! I mean I knew it would, how could any meal that contains bacon and blue cheese not turn out fantastic? Well it also had all natural chicken, and some tomatoes and AVOCADOS! Oh and I guess I could mention the lettuce but you hardly even notice that.

This is what I made. (salad)

First I started the bacon while I washed and chopped the hearts of Romaine, and the plum tomatoes. I made sure the save the bacon grease to saute the chicken in. I add the blue cheese crumbles, chop up the bacon and then I made the salad dressing. I did alter the dressing just a tad, I didn't add the garlic as we like garlic, but garlic does NOT like us. Instead I did add just a pinch of garlic powder to the dressing. It still tasted wonderful.

I also forgot to buy the green onion but the salad tasted fine without it. I was a bit bummed, but I think instead next time I may try to pickle some red onions instead and put a few of those on top as a garnish. ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Looks totally delicious to me! I see this on our menu very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed it! William won't eat a "salad" but he enjoyed the chicken, even if a few blue cheese crumbles made their way onto them ;-)

      Delete