Pages

Counter

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Menu for the week of September 11th, 2014



People are always curious as to what I'm making for the week, so here it is. With the exception of Sunday & Monday, everything else is new to me. I spent two and a half hours on Pinterest over the weekend browsing various Paleo sites prowling for recipes. I'm certain I'll tweak all of these. The cheat day will be Chris's homemade pizza which he'll make on Monday. He makes a homemade crust, which I believe is from a Bobby Flay recipe but even he tweaks that some. We use a can of crushed organic tomatoes, Sargento mozzarella, and top with Applegate nitrite free, humanely raised, antibiotic free, & hormone free salami. That stuff tastes great and is well worth the price, plus we get two pizzas out of it (you MUST freeze the rest, since there's no preservatives in it).

None of these recipes, other than the canned crushed tomatoes and Sargento cheese, are processed in any way. All ingredients are antibiotic free, hormone free, nitrite free, & organic when possible. Salad dressings will consist of olive oil with vinegar, lemon, or mustard. Breakfast consists of cage free eggs, with fresh baked bread, or homemade banana bread for our son. Lunch for me is usually almonds bought from the bulk bins and some grapes, rice and beans for the husband, and Applegate lunch meat sandwiches, Annies organic fruit chews, and whole grain fish crackers (hey he's a kid, let him have some fun) for our son. He also LOVES Lara Bars, he calls them 'candy bars.'

Here's the menu for the week:

Thursday: Chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese chopped salad

Friday:  Mediterranean skillet chicken w/artichokes & tomatoes, spinach & kale salad, *orzo w/cheese and diced olives 

Saturday: Spinach & bacon stuffed pork loin chop w/blue cheese souffle & spinach & kale salad

Sunday: Greek Salad w/ chicken

*Monday: Homemade Pizza (Cheat day)

Tuesday: Roasted citrus & herb chicken (bone in drum sticks & thighs), *jasmine rice, vegetable (I won't know which vegetable until I go to the store and see what looks good that day)

Wednesday: Honey-whole grain mustard baked rosemary chicken, stuffed tomato, *jasmine rice

* denotes non paleo ingredients for the husband who WANTS to lose weight ;-) but refuses to eat low-carb. I'll have small servings of these items, about 3 tablespoons. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me!!! I might "steal" some of your menu ideas! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, glad you like...feel free to 'steal' all you want...all are on Pinterest but I think I'm changing up a lot for our own tastes... :-)

      Delete