Pages

Counter

Friday, August 6, 2010

Cake design 101, take TWO

Take two turned out SO MUCH worse than attempt one. Firstly I got a better tip for piping, that was good, but my cheap butt used a zip lock as a piping bag...and it burst at the end and frosting shot out all over the cake....UGH! Ruined. Also I made ganache for the filling, which tastes great...but clearly I added waaaay too much, it seeped out the sides and made a total mess! I need much more practice I think. ;-)


The better tip I purchased. The tip worked great! It was thicker, easier to use.


I bought 'frosting gel' coloring and made this Tiffany blue, that aspect of today was a success.


Can't just look good, MUST taste good and ganache tastes good! Double-boiler, chocolate chips, heavy cream...stir, done! Yum...made a yummy filling!


But...I CLEARLY added waaay too much ganache.


Looks like a pumpernickel sandwich. LOL


Eh...not my best work, hell it's some of my worst but the colors are good and the "W" isn't as bad...


I did better on borders, needs work though.


What's this? A rosette? Well whatever it is, it turned out good.

Tasted great though!



No comments:

Post a Comment