Pages

Counter

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'm back!!!

(Just started showing here, 25 weeks pregnant)
(31 weeks pregnant)
(One week before the birth, 32 weeks pregnant)


After a long break, I am back, at least in theory. William does not allow me a great deal of internet time and now that Chris is back to work, I'll have even less of it. I am trying to blog again on a regular basis. So a few things have changed...for those of you who know me, feel free to skip this paragraph ;-)

I had a baby, after 2.5 years of trying. We were told we had a less than 1% chance of ever conceiving. After 'not trying' last August, we conceived the old fashioned way. It was the the most stressful two and a half years of my life. I never wish to relive that. Every month for nearly that entire time was hell. If my boobs hurt, was I pregnant? Or was my period coming? Usually it was the latter. Every month I really thought I was pregnant, that gets old...quick! In August of 2008, I was late, VERY late...I was convinced it actually happened...only to find it did not. After a few negative pregnancy tests I began to hemorrhage and I continued to do so for 10 days. Turns out I had a very large ovarian cyst that caused all that bleeding. That concerned me, as if we needed MORE challenges in that department. For the two weeks leading up to the blood-bath, I thought I was pregnant, despite the negative test results. So when last September rolled around and I was late again, I was convinced it was yet another cyst. I didn't tell anyone I was late, I didn't think I was pregnant at all...I didn't want that disappointment again. I didn't even test. After seven days, Chris pretty much forced me to test. As I was still peeing, the second pink line appeared and I screamed "I'm pregnant!"

I don't think Chris believe me...I wiped really fast, LOL...and ran out to show him and asked him ten times at least if I were insane or if that was a second pink line...turns out it was. It was a very happy day...happy indeed. We said we'd tell no one but we immediately told nearly everyone.

The next week was good. Saw my Dr, who I loved, Dr. Hilkowitz, got an ultrasound, saw the little speck that would be William and.....................the rest is too horrible to recount, let's just say hyperemesis, pic lines, hospitalizations, medicine-induced depression, pre-term labor, bed rest and then...a premature baby.

But seven months later, he was born...yes, seven. He was nearly two months early. After a month and a half in the NICU he came home and now is doing fine. He's three months old, but really he's five weeks old, he looks five weeks old but acts more in-between the two.

Mama-D


1 comment: